For all your Swazi News
‘Landers’ turn down ‘Baiano’s E100 000 offer!
By LWAZI DLAMINI - SWAZI TIMES -08-Aug-2009
MBABANE – It seems it will take more time before right full back Mpendulo ‘Baiano’ Kunene and midfielder Felix Badenhorst make their debut for South Africa’s Jomo Cosmos after Mbabane Highlanders also turned down a E100 000 offer from ‘Ezenkosi’ yesterday
Wanderers were the first team to turn down the E100 000 offer from the South African giants last week.
Highlanders followed suit on Thursday after Cosmos owner Jomo Sono had made a formal bid via a letter that he will make a E50 000 down payment and then pay the remainder (E50 000) in June next year. Only Mbabane Swallows striker Mfanfuthi ‘Taribo’ Bhembe looks likely to be cleared first after the ‘Bea-utiful Birds’ and Cosmos agreed on a E250 000 clearance fee.
The South African side was expected to deposit the money into Swallows account before the end of this week.
Mbabane Highlanders chairman of the Mana-gement Committee Musa Masuku confirmed Cos-mos’ offer and stated categorically clear that they will never allow the player to join Cosmos for such a small fee. Masuku said they had already made a counter proposal offer, reportedly E200 000 they had initially asked for.
“We are still waiting for their response because we sent our counter-proposal. It would be better if Cosmos were giving us E100 000 down payment and the rest in June but not E50 000,” Masuku said. This newspaper also gathered that even if the clearance issues of all three players have been sorted out, the trio is unlikely to make their debut for ‘Ezenkosi” as they are still awaiting their citizenship papers.
Sono was quoted in the latest Kick-Off magazine stating that he wants to register all three players as South African citizens “because their fathers are from here.”
Readers Comments :
Note: The views and opinions expressed are those of the authors and DO NOT necessarily reflect those of Swazilive.com
No Comments yet.Be the first to comment on this story